General Structure of the Academic Year
Semester 1 (Autumn)
- Registration period: early September
- Study period: early September to mid-December
- Examination period: mid-December to the end of January
Semester 2 (Spring)
- Registration period: early February
- Study period: early February to mid-May
- Examination period: mid-May to early July
- In semester 1 (Autumn) there is a one-week Autumn break around All Saints' Day (the turn of October and November).
- In semester 2 (Spring) there is a one-week Spring break around Easter (in March or April).
- Summer holiday is normally two months (July and August), from the end of semester 2 (Spring) until the beginning of semester 1 (Autumn).