PPCU FIT (Faculty of Information Technology and Bionics) celebrates its 20th anniversary
- The Faculty celebrated the 20th anniversary of its foundation on August 30, 2018.
- András Veres, President of the Hungarian Catholic Bishops' Conference, Chancellor of the University, His Eminence Péter Erdő Bishop, Primate of Hungary, Archbishop of Esztergom-Budapest, former rector of the University then Chancellor, and Szabolcs Anzelm Szuromi OPraem rector and professors of Hungarian and international partner universities, deans and tutors of other faculties of the University participated at the festive commemoration event in the university building located at Prater street.
- „We can surely state that this Faculty was founded on an initiative that is persistent and long lasting. We can see our world: research carried out in the field of interdisciplinary sciences is becoming more and more vivid and relevant these days, and this Faculty has a niche role in academic work." /Bishop András Veres/
- Biotechnology and information technology are one of the most rapidly developing scientific fields. „There are increasingly many and more serious research groups competing with one another. Even in such a situation, we intend to give a good example in personal tutoring of students, in community building, and by promoting the unity of education and research." /Kristóf Iván, dean/
September 1, 2018
CNNA 2018 conference at PPCU
The Faculty of Information Technology and Bionics, Pázmány Péter Catholic University had organized the 16th International Workshop on Cellular Nanoscale Network and Their Applications between 27th and 30th of August, including the Memristor and Memristive Symposium. This conference-sequence was originally launched several years ago by Prof. Tamás Roska, founder of the Faculty. Hungary was privileged to host the convention for the 3rd time.
The Workshop CNNA ran parallel in six sections and a demo section. The plenary sessions were led by Prof. Wolfgang Porod, Prof. Ángel Rodríguez-Vázquez and András Horváth. The keynote speaker of Memristor Symposium was Prof. Leon Chua. Several researchers participated at CNNA convention from all over the world, for instance from Japan, Finland, Romania, Germany, Italy and the United States of America, and naturally from Hungary. Scientists of the Faculty of Information Technology and Bionics and the researchers of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences Institute for Computer Science and Control had also attended the event. The other keynote speakers of the Workshop CNNA were Wolfgang Porod, Ronald Tetzlaff, Vedat Tavşanoğlu, Müştak Yalçin, Ángel Rodríguez-Vázquez and Fernando Corinto. The conference was considered as great value and success.
- In February 2018, Pázmány Peter Catholic University welcomed new 80 international students form all over the world.
- During the Orientation Days, the newcomers could get a glimpse into Hungarian language, culture as well as meet fellow Hungarian students and mentors. It is a great pleasure for us that this year, more experienced foreign students helped the integration of the 8 newcomers of our Faculty. Foreign students discovered the hidden beauties of our capital with an adventure tour through Budapest.
- We wish you every success for your stay at Pázmány!