Biodata analysis program description
- The online Biodata analysis program is a one-year, 60-credit programme providing enhanced knowledge and skills in the analysis of large-scale molecular data from biological systems. The specific aim of the program is to prepare the students to meet the demands of academic and industrial organizations performing high-throughput gene expression and sequencing studies.
- Entry to the program requires a BSc degree or higher in the field of bionics, molecular biology or information technology with adequate basic knowledge of biomolecular sequence, structure and function.
- The program is divided to two semesters of 30 recommended credits concluding with a 12-credit thesis work in the second semester. The program covers aspects of biological databases and data formats, programming with focus on biomolecular analysis, practical aspects of data processing and puts emphasis on extracting and critical evaluation of the biological relevance of the results. The program provides training in a comprehensive range of bioinformatics tools from sequence analysis through expression profiles to the incorporation of structural data. Besides the compulsory courses there are optional ones available for specialization.
- The program is fully online with courses accessible through an e-learning system and the practices include substantial individual project work with hands-on help of the lecturers available on demand.
- The cost of of the program is 1,000,000 HUF (approx. 3000 EUR) per semester.
- Application deadline is January 10, 2019.
- Online application form
- Contact: email@example.com