- The online Biodata Analysis post-graduate certificate program is a one-year, 60-credit program providing enhanced knowledge and skills in the analysis of large-scale molecular data from biological systems. The enormous amount of biological information coming from genomic, epigenomic and proteomic investigations of tissues and, increasingly, single cells, requires experts qualified in multiple aspects of high-throughput molecular data analysis. The specific aim of the program is to meet this demand and to equip students with the skills needed to meet the demands of academic and industrial organizations performing modern large-scale investigations in all fields of biomolecular data handling and interpretation. Specific emphasis is given to data analysis with R. Python and Java programming is also part of the curriculum. The program covers aspects of biostatistics, sequence analysis, high-throughput analysis of genomic, proteomic and transcriptomic data, as well as phylogenetics and structural bioinformatics.
- The program is fully online with courses accessible through an e-learning system and the practices include substantial individual project work. Hands-on help and consultations with the lecturers are available on demand. The program is divided into building blocks with clear task assignments and deadlines and within the given time frame they can be completed at the pace most convenient for the student. The program concludes with a supervised thesis project worth 12 credits.
- The lecturers are experts in various areas of bioinformatics, and as active researchers are up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They also routinely teach university courses from the BSc to PhD levels. The program is run jointly by PPCU and HiDucator Ltd., a company specialized in online bioinformatics education.
- Entry to the program requires a BSc degree or higher in the field of bionics, molecular biology or information technology with adequate basic knowledge of biomolecular sequence, structure and function. The Faculty reserves the right for an entry interview with the applicants to determine their level of knowledge and its suitability for the program.
- The cost of of the program is 1,000,000 HUF (approx. 3000 EUR) per semester.
- Application deadline is 31 July 2021.
For further information about the application, click here.