Residence permit for the purpose of studies

  • In some countries it is not possible to apply for the Hungarian visa. In this case the student can enter the country and stay as long as 90 days without any special permission. Within this period the residence permit application has to be submitted at the Immigration and Asylum Office (Bevándorlási és Menekültügyi Hivatal). The residence permit is issued for the period of 2 years (maximum) and can be renewed, if necessary.
  • Please find further information on the webpage of the Immigration and Asylum Office.
  • For contact details of the Office of Immigration and Asylum Office please click here.